The Economic Development Commission (EDC) advises the County Commissioners on all matters concerning economic development throughout Queen Anne’s County. Board members are appointed and represent the county’s diverse industry sectors and geography. The EDC’s mission is to collaborate with all stakeholders to pursue economically and environmentally sustainable balanced growth opportunities for business, tourism, and agriculture. The EDC envisions an economically and demographically vibrant community, full of promise for current and future residents and businesses, yet is uncompromisingly dedicated to the preservation of the environment, heritage and rich culture. The EDC is the reviewing body for the County’s Revolving Loan Fund Program, that provides funding for business development, strategic expansion, and commercial vineyard establishment.
- Focus on High Potential Economic Activity Sectors
- Support Education and Workforce Development
- Enhance Infrastructure
- Promotion and Public Awareness
- Encourage Affordable and Workforce Housing
- Enhance Quality of Life
North County Economic Implications Study:
The EDC, with the support of the Upper Shore Regional Council, engaged Sage Policy Group, Inc. to study the implications of the improvements to US Route 301. The study was completed in October 2018, and can obtained by contacting the Department of Economic and Tourism Development.
Economic Development Commission
Chair: Kathy Burke-Deoudes, Board Chair, Compass Regional Hospice
Vice Chair: Heather Bacher, Senior Vice President, Shore United Bank
Secretary: Lee Schnappinger-Bridgman, Extension Program Assistant, University of Maryland Extension-QAC
Treasurer: Ed Beres, Realtor, RE/MAX Executive
- Brian DeMoss, Owner, Chesapeake Burial Vaults
- Jesse Parks, Sr. Vice President, KRM Development Corporation
- John Anderes, Manager, Queenstown Harbor
- Jeremy Reynolds, COO, RTI Forensics and RTI Commons
- Robert Marsh, Owner, Wye River Marine and Kent Narrows Boatel
- Michael Rosendale, Owner, Rosendale Realty
- Hazen Arnold, Vice President, Hydrasearch Co.
- Jon Cook, COO, Blackwater Distilling and Tavern
- Larissa Costello, Co-Founder, Ad Astra Wealth Management
- James Riley, President & CEO, Clean Systems, LLC and Therapy Systems DME
- Shawna Truitt, Principal, Patriot Acres Farm Brewery
Jack Wilson and Chris Corchiarino are the County Commissioner Liaisons for Economic and Tourism Development. Queen Anne’s County Commissioner Information.
The Commission meets the 4th Wednesday of every month, except for July, at 9 a.m. at the Chesapeake Heritage and Visitor Center, Barrett Room, 425 Piney Narrows Road, Chester, MD.