The Economic Development Commission (EDC) advises the County Commissioners on all matters concerning economic development in the county. Board members are appointed and are representative of the county’s diverse industry sectors and geography. The EDC’s mission is to collaborate with all stakeholders to pursue economically and environmentally sustainable and balanced growth opportunities for business, tourism and agriculture. The EDC envisions an economically and demographically vibrant community, full of promise for current and future residents and businesses, yet uncompromisingly dedicated to the preservation of the County’s environment, heritage and rich culture. The EDC is the reviewing body for the County’s Revolving Loan Fund Program, that provides funding for business development, strategic expansion, and commercial vineyard establishment.
- Focus on High Potential Economic Activity Sectors
- Support Education and Workforce Development
- Enhance Infrastructure
- Promotion and Public Awareness
- Encourage Affordable and Workforce Housing
- Enhance Quality of Life
Annual Business Recognition Event:
The EDC recognizes Queen Anne’s County businesses that exemplify the Driving Strategies at its Annual Business Recognition Breakfast. Click here to watch a video of the event.
North County Economic Implications Study:
The EDC, with the support of the Upper Shore Regional Council, engaged Sage Policy Group, Inc. to study the implications of the improvements to US Route 301. The study was completed in October 2018 and can obtained by contacting the Department of Economic and Tourism Development.
2018 Economic Development Commission Officers:
Chairman: Jesse Parks, Sr. Vice President, KRM Development Corporation
Vice Chairman: Kathy Burke-Deoudes, Board Chair, Compass Regional Hospice
Secretary: Helen Bennett, Owner, The Grooming Place Pet Shop
Treasurer: Royce Herman, Owner, Centreville Gunsmith, and, Member, Maryland Horse Council
- William Tumulty, Retired, NASA
- Don Gross, Owner, GROCO
- William Stoops, Vice President, ShoreUnited Bank
- Brian DeMoss, Owner, Chesapeake Burial Vaults
- John Anderes, Manager, Queenstown Harbor
- Jeremy Reynolds, COO, RTI Forensics and RTI Commons
- Jim Brown, Account Executive, Payce Payroll Inc.
- Robert Marsh, Owner, Wye River Marine and Kent Narrows Boatel
- Michael Rosendale, Owner, Rosendale Realty
- Ed Beres, Realtor, RE/MAX Executive
Jack Wilson and Chris Corchiarino are the County Commissioner Liaison for Economic and Tourism Development. Click here for County Commissioner Information
The Commission meets the 4th Wednesday of every month, except for July, at 9 a.m. at the Chesapeake Heritage and Visitor Center, in the Barrett Room, located at 425 Piney Narrows Road, Chester, MD. View our 2019 meeting schedule.