Upper Shore Micro Ag Grant
Queen Anne’s County Economic and Tourism Development in partnership with the Upper Shore Regional Council is providing grant funding to help support local agricultural businesses looking to develop, expand, diversify, or improve their marketing efforts, as well as conduct agricultural research initiatives within Queen Anne’s County.
$28,000 in funding is available to applicants for Fiscal Year 2021. Grant requests ranging from $250 up to $5,000 will be considered on a competitive basis.
Priority will be given to projects that:
1. Benefit the entire Ag. community
2. Include (2) or more businesses working in cooperation
3. Involve new or emerging markets
4. Support minority, women or veteran farmers
5. Promote “buy local” initiatives
Grant is closed and no longer accepting applications. Award recipients will be announced in mid-February. Grants shall be reimbursed with invoices or receipts as proof of payment, required at the time of the reimbursement request. Reimbursement requests must be submitted by May 31, 2021.
Applicants must operate an agricultural business in Queen Anne’s County, MD and be actively engaged in farming in one or more of the following categories:
● Crop and/or livestock production
● Agricultural product processing
● Ag Cooperative
● Timber production or processing
Grant funding can be used for the following purposes:
● Strategic marketing campaigns
● Technology innovation or implementation
● Capital improvements for business expansion or value added production
● Research projects
● Animal welfare improvements
● Completed application
● Proof of good standing
● Completed & signed W9 (fillable PDF will be provided if grant awarded)
● Completed & signed Queen Anne’s County Vendor Form (fillable PDF will be provided if grant awarded)
Application Submittal Date & Deadline:
Grant is closed and no longer accepting applications
Application Review Process:
Applications will be reviewed by a grant review committee in early February. Applicants will be sent an email confirming their application has been received, and will be contacted via email should their application be awarded.
Grantees must complete a reimbursement request showing proof of expenses by May 31, 2021
Expenses on the project that occurred dating back to January 1, 2021, can be retroactively reimbursed
Reimbursement Request forms can be found on our website https://choosequeenannes.com
Grantees must complete a final grant report due to Queen Anne’s County Economic and Tourism Development by June 15, 2021.
Reporting documentation is available on our website https://www.choosequeenannes.com.
Electronic application is preferred. Paper applications available upon request.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-604-2100