The mission of Economic Development is to support and enhance our existing business base, and attract new businesses to Queen Anne’s County, Maryland.
Through actively engaging with the business community to better understand and assist their needs, matching businesses with the ideal location, assisting with the permitting process by working with brokers, linking businesses with state and local incentives to promote job growth and expansion, and more, we aim to increase employment opportunities and investments.
We provide business incentives such as tax credit programs and conditional loan opportunities, we utilize detailed demographic information and industry reports, and foster partnerships with other resource providers to form a business support network.
The Department supports and serves existing businesses by:
- Leveraging state and federal resources to assist with employee recruiting and training by hosting annual career fairs and matching training grants
- Partnering with school systems and colleges for workforce development
- Recognizing and promoting businesses that exemplify the economic development driving strategies
- Offering access to capital through the county’s loan programs: Business Development; Vineyard Establishment; and Strategic Assistance
- Providing local incentives such as the Economic Development Incentive Fund and Queen Anne’s County Enterprise Zone
- Hosting seminars and workshops for business owners
The Department of Economic and Tourism Development markets and promotes local businesses by hosting the annual Career Fair in the Chesapeake Bay Business Park, sharing news and job opportunities on social media, and creating promotional videos that spotlight local businesses on QACTV and Youtube.